Rathbun Fellowship for Religious Encounter (FRE)
The Office for Religious Life offers up to 16 fellowships to engage students in sustained, meaningful religious encounter with one another. The fellows are selected based on their experience and interest in religious traditions. It is not expected that participants are religious scholars or experts in their tradition.
- The fellows meet once a week for six weeks/quarter throughout the academic year, beginning in the second week of the quarter.
- The fellows participate in a retreat at the beginning of the academic year.
- The fellows make two external presentations, as a group, ideally one in the Winter Quarter, and one in the Spring Quarter.
- The fellows participate in a ritual celebration/commissioning event at the conclusion of the academic year.
- The fellows each receive a stipend of $500 per academic year.
The Rathbun Fellowship is open to Stanford undergraduate, graduate or professional students from any academic discipline. Students must have full-time status. The fellowship is intended for students who demonstrate a genuine desire to explore religion in their lives and a willingness to listen to and learn from those with different backgrounds.
Applications are now being accepted for the 2017-18 academic year. APPLY HERE
For further information about FRE, contact email@example.com.
Spirituality, Service, & Social Change Fellowship (SSSC)
The Spirituality, Service, & Social Change Fellowship integrates spiritual exploration with service to communities in the Bay Area. Established nearly two decades ago for students considering careers in the ministry, the fellowship was reorganized in 2003 to attract students from diverse religious and spiritual traditions.
This fellowship is jointly funded by the H. Michael Stevens Family and the Stanford Office for Religious Life (ORL) through the Franklin fund. Rabbi Patricia Karlin-Neumann, Senior Associate Dean for Religious Life, serves as academic mentor to the students who are awarded this fellowship. She meets with the fellows to determine academic and other options that will assist with preparation for and follow-up on the summer learning experience.
For further information, please visit the SSSC Fellowship website.