Photo credit: Catherine Hall
Wedding ceremonies are suspended until further notice at Memorial Church in compliance with the March 3, 2020 Stanford University Environmental Health and Safety recommendation limiting large gatherings. We are happy to work with couples to address existing reservations. Wedding reservations for 2021 are still being accepted.
Stanford Memorial Church is available for Weddings or Renewal ceremonies for the Stanford community. In keeping with Leland and Jane Stanford’s wishes, all faith backgrounds are welcome.
Weddings are held on Saturdays in Memorial Church at 11 am, 1 pm, 3 pm and 5 pm. There is a minimum for reservation lead time - 3 months for non-Catholic and 6 months for Catholic ceremonies.
Please read the Wedding Information and FAQs pages, before submitting the wedding inquiry form below.
To be eligible to have a Wedding at Stanford Memorial Church, one member of the couple must qualify with a Stanford University affiliation, listed below.
- A student in a Stanford University degree program; an alumnus/alumna; a current or retired faculty or staff member of Stanford University, Stanford Hospital, or Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital.
- A present member of the Catholic Community at Stanford who is registered, participating and contributing for at least one year with a letter confirming that status from the priest.
- A regular, long-term present participant in Stanford’s University Public Worship with a letter confirming that status from the Dean or an Associate Dean for Religious Life.
- A child or grandchild of a person in one of the categories listed above.
- Postdoctoral individuals at Stanford University are eligible if the ceremony is scheduled and takes place no later than six months after the final day of the post-doc program.
- A child or grandchild of a couple who was previously married at Memorial Church
If you're interested in booking a wedding at Stanford Memorial Church, please read through information linked below.
Wedding Information: ceremonies, eligibility, clergy, reservations and fees
Wedding Music: music selection instructions
Wedding FAQs: frequently asked questions