Religious Services Impacted by COVID-19 Response
The Office for Religious Life is committed to promoting the health and safety of the University community and wider world. For this reason, we are committed to upholding all University recommendations and policies around religious gatherings as a response to COVID-19. Please use the following links to access the most up to date information about religious gatherings held on campus.
Requirements under the current March 16 Order of the Health Officer of the County Santa Clara, from the Santa Clara County Department of Public Health:
- All individuals living in the county must shelter at their place of residnece except to provide or receive certain essential services.
- All businesses must cease non-essential operations at physical locations in the county.
- All non-essential gatherings of any number of individuals must cease.
- All non-essential travel prohibited.
- To the extent individuals are using shared or outdoor spaces, they must at all times as reasonably possible maintain social distancing of at least six feet from any other person when they are outside their residence.
- No person who has tested positive for COVID-19, or has been in contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 may attend gatherings.
- No person who has traveled from a level 3 CDC country in the last 14 days may attend a gathering.
Campus Catholic Mass: https://web.stanfordcatholic.org/
**Catholic Mass has been suspended. Check the website for ongoing updates.
Campus Shabbat Services: https://stanford.hillel.org/
**In-person events & services have been suspended. Check the website for virtual options.
Campus Jumu’ah Prayer: http://web.stanford.edu/group/msu/cgi-bin/wordpress/
**Jumu’ah Prayer for March 13th has been suspended. Check the website for ongoing updates.
University Public Worship: https://religiouslife.stanford.edu/memorial-church/university-public-worship
** University Public Worship Sunday Services have suspended until further notice.
Last Updated: March 17, 2020 8:28am