Contemplation & Well-Being
The Office for Religious & Spiritual Life at Stanford is committed to ensuring a variety of ways to support students, staff and faculty well-being and flourishing.
Virtual Contemplative Opportunities
- Mondays Student-Led Yoga is intended as a means of making the mental and physical benefits of asanas readily available to all, regardless of where you are on your yogi journey. Expect to move with your breath: this well-balanced Vinyasa flow class intends to get you out of your head and into your body, and modifications will always be available. Mondays 6- 7:15pm PST https://stanford.zoom.us/j/97288448574?pwd=RjdYYllHRENYUjlnMXVDUzdpTEw3UT09 passcode: 092020
- Tuesdays Evening Live-Streamed Yin and Restorative Yoga Class with YogaX and the Office for Religious & Spirual LIfe with Heather Freeman
This live-streamed class explores gentle movement, breath, and mindfulness to to support sleep, healthful rest, and enhanced resilience. Minimal prop use is required to allow participants to do this practice at home, sharing it with roommates, partners, children, and pets as desired. Tuesdays at 6-7pm PST.
Link: click to register
- Wednesdays Evening Sitting Space is a student-led meditation group that aims to foster meditative practices and conversation about the benefits of meditation. Each week, student will lead a guided meditation for approximately 20-30 minutes. All are welcome to join! Wednesday at 6pm PST tinyurl.com/sittingspace Meeting ID: 518 739 7905 Passcode: 123456
- Thursdays Guided Meditation is designed to offer basic meditation skills, to encourage regular meditation practice, to help deepen self-reflection, and to offer instructions on how meditation can be useful during stressful and uncertain times. All sessions are led by Rebecca Nie.
Thursdays 6 p.m. PST https://stanford.zoom.us/j/97159632633?pwd=cFc2eUZDWW4vY0VGV3FaOVFuZElxZz09 The passcode: 202020
- Sundays Student-Led Yoga is another opportunity to practice our studnent-led yoga. It is intended as a means of making the mental and physical benefits of asanas readily available to all, regardless of where you are on your yogi journey. Expect to move with your breath: this well-balanced Vinyasa flow class intends to get you out of your head and into your body, and modifications will always be available. @Windhover on Sundays 10am. https://stanford.zoom.us/j/99506689007?pwd=NGtmV3Z4d2dPTFMyQkE1bjNCOHM5dz09
- Available anytime, to help you establish, maintain and support your practice.
- Online Yoga: YogaX is offering a free live-streamed yoga weekly class at noon PST starting on Thursday, March 26th. The classes will be a gentle flow with poses that you can do at home with minimal props. You just need some space to move and maybe a yoga mat. Roommates, partners, children, and pets are welcome.
Last Updated: Sep 10, 2020 9:30am