The Office for Religious Life at Stanford is committed to ensuring a variety of ways to support students, staff and faculty well-being and flourishing.
Virtual Contemplative Opportunities
Beginning Monday, March 30, please join us for these weekly virtual opportunities to engage with others in community for meditation and yoga.
The following virtual programs have a 6:00 PM (PST) start time:
- Monday Meditation Sitting Space: A student-led program with instructions provided at the start of each session before opening up for thirty minutes of silence. Mingling to follow! https://stanford.zoom.us/j/914155486
- Tuesday Yoga explores gentle movement, breath, and mindfulness to support sleep, healthful rest, and enhanced resilience. Minimal prop use is required to allow participants to do this practice at home, sharing it with roommates, partners, children, and pets as desired. https://stanford.zoom.us/j/949669215
- Thursday Guided Meditation is designed to offer basic meditation skills, to encourage regular meditation practice, to help deepen self-reflection, and to offer instructions on how meditation can be useful during stressful and uncertain times. All sessions led by experienced instructors. https://stanford.zoom.us/j/127521913
- Student-Led Yoga is intended as a means of making the mental and physical benefits of asanas readily available to all, regardless of where you are on your yogi journey. Expect to move with your breath: this well-balanced Vinyasa flow class intends to get you out of your head and into your body, and modifications will always be available. Available anytime, and soon to come to help you establish, maintain and support your practice.
- Online Yoga: YogaX is offering a free live-streamed yoga weekly class at noon PST starting on Thursday, March 26th. The classes will be a gentle flow with poses that you can do at home with minimal props. You just need some space to move and maybe a yoga mat. Roommates, partners, children, and pets are welcome. Here's the Zoom link: https://stanford.zoom.us/j/617336895
Last Updated: March 26, 2020 6:30pm